Friday, March 8, 2013

Searching for Simplicity

Over the past few years, I have been searching for ways to simplify our home life.  One of the areas I struggle with is laundry, lots and lots of laundry.  Always multiple loads each and every day.  I came up with a practical solution which was changing all the material items (not clothing of course) in our home to the color white.

White is an easy color to wash and if it gets stained I can use a little bit of bleach.  Now our cloth napkins, dish towels, hand towels, bath towels, sheets, crib sheets and our comforter are all white cotton!  This saves so much time and I don't have to do multiple loads of laundry every day!  Plus, white is so easy to replace or add additional pieces.

I would love to hear how you simplify things in your home.

No comments: