Tuesday, May 14, 2013

In the Garden: Japanese Snowball Bush

Over the years, every Spring, my husband and I have admired a bush growing on the side of the road near our home. A dark green bush that is filled with large white snow balls. Each time we would drive by, we always made a comment on how pretty it was. So, last year I started investigating on the Internet what type of plant it was. It was so gorgeous.

I found out that it was a Japanese Snowball bush and my honey surprise me one last April for my birthday. Poor boy drove all over creation to pick it up, only after calling every nursery in St. Louis!

When he got if for me, all the snowballs had already faded. But this year, it is looking gorgeous. We planted it behind the magnolia off to the side of our front porch. It will eventually grow to 8 feet and give us some nice shade on the right side of the front porch.




No comments: