Thursday, May 2, 2013

In the Herb Garden: Rosemary Topiary

I have to say, after all these years of growing herbs, I never realized that a Rosemary bush would bloom. Because of our milder Winter temperatures here in the St. Louis area over the last few years, my Rosemary Bush has not died. They use to die every year, and I would have to replace them. However, for the last three years, it has not died and continues to do quiet well.

Last year, I was trimming it and decided to cut it into a topiary. I am so thrilled with it, and continues to surprise me. This Spring, I noticed a tiny purplish bloom on a few branches and with further inspection noticed that the bush was full of tiny blooms ready to explode!

My kids love to walk by and grab a few Rosemary leaves and pop them in their mouths. They are going to have quite the herb palette when it's all said and done!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.