Friday, February 26, 2010

Watercolour Artists Glyn and Philip Martin



While on a trip to England several years ago, I meandered into a little gift store across from Windsor Castle and discovered watercolour artists Glyn and Philip Martin. Glyn and his brother Philip have done many watercolour paintings of Britain. As soon as I saw their paintings, I knew I had to have several. The problem was, picking which ones that I wanted. I settled on the two above.


The first print is titled Dales Farmhouse. To me, this is quintessential of the English countryside. The only thing that is missing in the print is the sheep that graze in the fields. There are sheep everywhere in the country!


The second print is titled St. James Park and Horseguards Parade. I spent a beautiful sunny day discovering the beauty and flowers of St. James Park.


Once I got back to the states, I discovered that the artists have done several prints of the US as well. Check out all their prints at Portraits of Britain.

1 comment:

Health is Wealth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.