Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Little Magnolia Cottage

I don't often post pictures of my home, so I would like to welcome you inside My Magnolia Cottage.

While we live in a newer home, My Sweetie is trying his best to make it look like a cottage for us (ok, me mainly). Here is a picture of our entryway before we started working on it:

You can see we were doing a test patch of paint before we actually started painting!


Here is the entryway after he painted and put up white bead board and a chair rail.
This sampler hangs over the front door.

For some reason I have an obsession/fascination with birds!

I adore this hutch area. The mirror and plates where picked up at a local antique mall. The plates are all hand painted by several Austrian artist around the turn of the century. I just love how they look around the mirror.
The little clock was given to my Mom on her graduation from my Grandfather. So this piece is proudly on display.

I love this little shelf because there is something old and something new and something I'm not quite sure about. The plate is very dainty and was picked up by my Mommy from an auction when I was little. The bird and sign are new and the vase is something I picked up at an antique store. There is no maker's mark, so I am not sure of its age.

You can also see my hubby framed out the door frame as well and added rosettes! He did a great job (I filled in all the nail holes! ha ha)
So, that's what you would see when and if you enter My Magnolia Cottage. Hopefully soon I'll be able to show you some of my magnolias.
My door is always open, so come on in ya'll.

No comments: