Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bloom Where You Are Planted Wednesday


If you don't know how much I love living where I do, I do (besides not living close to my family)! Living near a big city like St. Louis does have it's advantages. Like spending a Saturday morning at one of my favorite St. Louis havens, the Soulard Market.



The Soulard Farmer’s Market has been in operation since 1779. Shopping at the market is an institution for many St. Louisians. Where else can you shop for fresh produce, elk, free range chickens, herbs and spices while sipping a Bloody Mary?

On most Saturdays from April until the Fall, the market takes on a fair like atmosphere with enormous crowds packing the market, street musicians playing jazz, and vendors trying to sell their wares.



A visit to the Soulard Market is a wonderful way to start the weekend.

No comments: