Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mornings....

Mornings around the cottage tend to be set to a slower pace. Sissy boo (3) gets up early with me and we head out to water the gardens. She waters the flowers or helps pull weeds. I more or less supervise.

Recently someone asked Sissy boo what she did with a scoop, she quickly answered, "Help Mommy work in the dirt!" I love that answer, because it's something just the two of us do together. She even planted all the veggies this year.

One of her favorite things to do in the mornings is to pick ripe peas. While she was the one that planted them, she has also been the only who has been enjoying them. Sitting on the deck with a big bowl of sugar snap peas has been her breakfast of choice for the last few days.

Mornings like this make my heart full... I am truly blessed.

No comments: