Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Our latest project sneak peak...

This past Winter, My Sweetie and I ponder the many projects that we wanted to accomplish this Spring. A new and bigger deck, a fence, more garden space, landscaping in the back...and the list went on and on. One thing we kept coming back to, is a large playroom and space for the kids.

We will soon be having 4 children being aged four and under and we were desperate for a place for them to play with their toys. We have tried to keep their toys at a minimum over the years and only getting them 2 or 3 toys per Christmas and birthday. However, they still add up and we needed a place for them to be used and to be organized. I have never liked toys in their bedrooms, because I like knowing where everything is located  and organized. So part of our finished basement seemed like the logical choice for their playroom.

The planning started at the beginning of April. We started looking for deals online and picking paint colors. I looked all over Pinterest for ideas and inspiration and found a few I incorporated.  Mostly the room was designed by My Sweetie.  Plus, he added his own technological flair to help keep the kids safe!

Here is just a sneak peak of what we have accomplished so far:

The room is actually 95 percent done, with just a few more shelves and a chalk board to be put in place.  I can't wait for you to see it!

No comments: