Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Latest Scoop on Basted Eggs....


Recently while watching Man Vs. Food, I first heard the term basted eggs. As soon as I saw the egg being pierced with a fork and watching the creamy yolk spill onto a sandwich, I knew right then and there, I needed to learn how to make a basted egg.

A basted egg is very similar to a poached egg, where the top and bottom of the yolk is cooked evenly.

Start just like you were going to fry an over easy egg by adding a little butter or oil to your pan with the heat set on medium. Once the butter has melted, add the egg. As the egg begins to cook, add a few drops of water to the pan and cover it so the steam cooks the top of the egg. A thin film of egg white will cover the yolk which should remain liquid. It usually takes about 1 and 1/2 minutes or till your desired yolk consistency.

That's it!

If you want a warm creamy yolk, this is an easy way to go. As My Sweetie always says, "Where have basted eggs been all of our lives!"

2 comments:

Ronda said...

Thats sounds wonderful, I will have to try it.

Ben Sutcliffe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.