Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Toddler Tuesday: Shaving Cream Painting

I have been wanting to try this project out for years but never had the right materials on hand. So with Easter upon us, I ran out and purchased the supplies to make Easter Egg cards for family.

The project is simple, but very messy. We first started by spraying a cookie sheet with sensitive shaving lotion. Next we dropped globs of acrylic paint onto the shaving lotion.

I then had the little ones mix it up using their hands.
Notice Double D used more then just his hands. He also mixed the paint with his face and hair and what ever body part was available.

Then we dipped card stock that I had cut in egg shapes into the shaving cream and paint mix. After that was complete, I used a squeegee and scraped off all the shaving cream and paint mix to reveal a beautiful mix of colors and textures.

Here are all the egg cards hanging in a row to dry. I think they turned out rather nice. It was a fun project, but VERY messy. As soon as we were finished I stripped down Double D and stuck him in our dump sink to be hosed down.


I hope everyone enjoys these cards as much as we enjoyed making them.


No comments: