Monday, July 25, 2011

Meal Plan Monday


Shhh...do you hear that? That is the sound of silence. Because it is a rare thing around here, I am trying to get all my work done! While all kids are napping, I have just planned out this week's menu, written a few thank you notes, organized the family's health records and finished the children's chore charts. Whew...time for a iced coffee break if I do say so myself.

Last week was a good but weird week. We came back from Ohio only to have the entire family including the hubster get sick! We were sick all week and didn't get celebrate Sissyboo's third birthday. (Boo!!!!) Fortunately for us, she didn't think a thing about it. However, I am dying to give her, her birthday gifts! If you know me, then you know that I love my kids birthdays! I get so excited that I can't sleep the night before their birthdays or Christmas. I love seeing them excited and happy. I am looking forward to celebrating Sissyboo's birthday this coming Saturday with her Grandparents from Missouri and taking her out to her favorite Mexican Restaurant.

Here is my menu for this week. Trying a few new dishes! Who knows...maybe there will be a keeper in this group. (I have decided to make light desserts on the nights I make new dishes...so just in case they don't work out, there will be something yummy to look forward to after wards.

Monday: Chicken Hurry and rice with asparagus (or trees as my kids call them)

Tuesday: Spaghetti with Mama Disalvo's (a Dayton, Ohio Restaurant) Sauce

Wednesday: Creamy Lentil Soup with Chorizo Croutes

Thursday: Sweet and Spicy Shredded Pork with corn on the cob

Friday: Chicken Teriyaki and Sushi Rice

Saturday: Taking Sissyboo to her favorite Mexican Restaurant (the girl drinks salsa!)

Sunday: Make your own Pizza's (letting the kids make their own pizza's)

Blessings on a wonderful summer week!
Lori

No comments: