Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Road Trip


You don't know how much you miss something until you move away. That was the case with my favorite grocery store Kroger. I grew up in Ohio and it seemed like there was a Kroger just around every corner.

So, to my surprise, I found a Kroger only 40 miles away! I was so excited that one day I packed up the little ones in the car and we headed up the highway. The whole drive there I had visions of organic produce and the large whole foods section swirling in my mind. I had my coupon card out and was all ready to start saving some money too.

I was expecting to see this:




Instead, I saw this:




When I pulled into the parking lot I literally laughed out loud! I had to go inside and check it out. It was smaller than an Aldi's and so packed full of merchandise that you could hardly get a small cart through.

No organics or whole foods to speak of. The funniest thing was that their refrigerated cheese case was out in the entrance next to the grocery carts!

Sometimes you just got to laugh!

1 comment:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Awww! That must have been a disappointment!

Thanks for the birthday wishes and good luck in my giveaway!

Manuela