Monday, March 8, 2010

Sowing the Seeds of Love...


Ok, so I wasn't really sowing any seeds of love..but that catchy tune by the 80's pop group Tears for Fears has been bouncing around my head....

However, I did manage to get all my tomato seeds planted in the seed starter container this weekend.

This year I ordered all of my seeds from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. I ordered 7 different types of tomatoes. My Sweetie helped me in the process of planting the seeds but was wondering if we really needed 7 different types! Sure why not.

This year I planted the following:
Amish Paste (Red)
Beefsteak (Red)
Green Zebra (Green and Yellow striped)
Ground Cherry also known as Strawberry Husk Tomato
Henderson's Pink Ponderosa (Pink)
Riesentraube (Cherry)
Paul Robeson (Purple)



Now comes the hard part....waiting!

No comments: