Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Friendship

This week I received telephone calls from two of my high school best friends. It was such a surprise and just what I needed. Lately, I have been having a pity party for myself since I live so far away from my friends and family. Those phone calls where the perfect pick-me-ups and have put a song in my heart.

I love what this vintage 1958 Bell Telephone add says:

Turn a few minutes into fun by calling a friend or loved one.
Whether it's down the street or across the country, a sunny get-together makes the day a lot brighter. Lonely feelings are laughed away by a cheerful visit by telephone.
So treat yourself to a welcome break and just for fun - call someone!

While chatting by text, email or Facebook have become the norm, when was the last time you picked up the phone and called your long lost friend?

I know by experience, it will make their day!

No comments: