Friday, September 10, 2010

Chili Quest....



If you grew up or have lived in Ohio, you know what Cincinnati Chili is all about. With a Goldstar Chili and Skyline Chili in every town, chili is a big deal there. Since I grew up in Ohio, chili has always been a staple in my life whether it is from a Cincinnati Chili Restaurant or homemade.

I remember introducing My Sweetie to his first Skyline Coney Dog, I can still see that look of delight of his face. He had fallen in love with the same chili that I had grown up with. Now every time we go back and visit my family, we have to make two stops, first is at a Skyline to get a coney and the second is at Kroger's to get several boxes of frozen Skyline Chili. Even as we speak, I have three frozen bowls of Skyline in the freezer from my latest trip.

However, now that I live in St. Louis, I have yet to find a chili restaurant or even a good regular chili recipe. So, if anyone out there has a good chili recipe, please point me in that direction! I am on a serious chili queast.

There is nothing as heart warming as a good bowl of chili on a crisp fall day while watching football with your loved ones.

No comments: