Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fear and Trepidation = Double D's First Hair Cut


While most people don't think of fear and trepidation when it comes to taking their little ones for a first hair cut, that is exactly the way I felt when I took Double D to get his first hair cut recently.

You see, when Sissyboo was 15 months old, we decided that her hair needed shaped up and she need some bangs. We found this great little Kids Beauty Salon right down the street that specialized in kids only haircuts. One Saturday morning My Sweetie and I took her into the Salon to get her very first hair cut. I am not sure what happened from the time we walked into the salon to the time the beautician starting cutting her hair, but lets just say, ALL HECK broke loose! Sissyboo wouldn't sit still and was screaming her head off. Needless to say, it was VERY difficult to even get near her with a pair of scissors. The beautician turned on Elmo and gave her a sucker, but that wasn't enough. She continued to cry and scream. I ended up holding her through the entire ordeal while she watched Elmo, sucked on her sucker and cry her eyes out.


So, when it was time for Double D's haircut...all I could think about was the last time we went for a haircut. But, this time, I had to go by myself and take along Sissyboo as well.

But, I was worried for nothing. Double D sat in the little car chair and watched Elmo the entire time. In fact, he was so happy he was squealing with delight! What a trooper he was that day.


You can even see Sissyboo having a great time in the pink car chair in the background.


NOTE TO SELF:
1 Peter 5:7 NLT
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

(Even the little worries about small things like getting your child's hair cut.)

1 comment:

Betsy Brock said...

The girl in the Rockwell print looks like your Sweetie! :)

Cute haircuts. Oh my, what drama, huh!?

baby in april? How very wonderful!