Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Cream


I have to admit that I had never heard of Snow Cream until last year. Now that I have asked around, some people have told me that they have been eating it all of their lives! So, with all of the fresh snow, I thought I would try it out on my children.

Needless to say, they LOVED it and so did I! I was surprised that it almost tasted like Bryer's Ice Cream.

Ingredients:
1 gallon snow
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk
Directions:
1.When it starts to snow, place a large, clean bowl outside to collect the flakes. When full, stir in sugar and vanilla to taste, then stir in just enough milk for the desired consistency. Serve at once.

Double D took his first bite and announced that it was "Gooey"...which is his 17 month old way of telling me that it was GOOD!

No comments: